Deal Pentecostal Church
Subject: Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Statement of Faith: We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and
the gifts of Christ in the Church today (1 Cor. 12:4-
The phrase “spiritual gifts” in 1Cor.12:1 and 14:1 is actually just “spiritual” in the Greek – the same word as in 1Cor.3:1. Gifts are secondary to character and so spirituality (maturity) is our goal. The Giver not the gifts must always be our emphasis. However “spiritual” gifts and how we use them are important which is why Paul taught on them.
1. List the gifts mentioned in 1Cor. 12-
3. What word is used to describe these (gifts) in 1Cor.12:1?
4. What is the purpose of spiritual gifts (cf 1Cor.14:3/5/12/7/24/26/31)?
5. Paul encourages us to eagerly seek spiritual (gifts) and especially prophecy (1Cor.14:1). Define prophecy (cf Rev.19:10)
6. Which is the greatest of all gifts (cf (1Cor.13:13)?
7. What will a person who speaks by the power of the Holy Spirit gladly acknowledge?
8. Can spiritual gifts be natural abilities enhanced by God or are they specifically given after conversion? (cf 1 Cor.12:7; Heb.2:4)
9. What has God promised will accompany the preaching of his word? (cf Mark 16:15-
10. How should we exercise our gifts, including praying and prophesying? (cf James 1:6; Romans 12:6; Heb.11:6)
11. Who are the leadership gifts mentioned in Eph.4:7-
12. Who is said to give leadership gifts? 13. To whom are spiritual gifts given and for whose benefit? 14. Who is said to give spiritual gifts?
16. Explain what Repentance and Remission of sins means. (Luke 24).
15. Explain these 4 facts that guarantee our Mission: I. God is good II See people as God sees them – He loves all of them. The Church mostly sees people as sinners or saints! III. Discover yourself – your value to God; how much God believes in you; your identity in Jesus IV. Commit yourself to God’s plan for you
Reaching people is our Mission, our life’s goal.
M Make new roads. Seeing the possibilities for good in our world and making it happen
I Invent new solutions to problems and new ways to meet needs of society
S Saving new souls with the loving life-
S Sowing new seed ideas of success and seeing the unlimited potential in every human being.
I Inspiring new discoveries of people’s roots in God. Seeing the depravity and incurable loneliness of people without God
O Opening new doors of unlimited service to others. Seeing the loss of productivity
of those locked-
N Nourishing new dreams of positive living by infusion of faith in God and Miracle life in Jesus. Seeing the awful destructiveness of negativism and hopelessness.
Unless you see the value in others you will never realise your own value.
|Church Sermons etc.|
|Church Values (1)|
|Church Values (2)|
|Church Values (3)|
|Fundamental Truths (1)|
|Fundamental Truths (2)|
|Great Exchange (1)|
|Great Exchange (2)|
|Prayer over my Giving|
|Prayer over my Bible|
|Prayer over myself|
|Prayer over my Marriage|
|Prayer over my Family|
|Prayer for Church|
|An inner peace|
|Its not too late|
|Closer to God|
|My Heavenly Father|
|God loves us|
|I'm going to heaven|
|I am so blessed|
|Why a Christian?|
|Why I am a Christian|