Deal Pentecostal Church
Subject: Holy Spirit Baptism
Statement of Faith: We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit as an enduement
of the believer with power for service, the essential biblical evidence of which
is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Acts 1:4-
Episode 7 Experience: How big can "possible" be in you?
The Holy Spirit is symbolised in the Bible as “water” -
1. Find other examples of these symbols or types (Gen.2:7; 1Sam.10:1; Exodus 30:35;
Is.55:1; Ezekiel 47; Joel 2:23-
Clearly the Holy Spirit is involved in conversion (1Cor.12:3; Jn.3:5). However there
is an experience of the Holy Spirit that is distinct from being born-
6. What was Peter’s message on the day of Pentecost? (Acts 2:38-
The AoG Statement of Truth says that “...essential biblical evidence of [the baptism of the Holy Spirit] is speaking with other tongues...” Cornwall (Basics of the Holy Spirit) says “fundamentally, this baptism of the Holy Spirit is an energizing of the life of the person who is indwelt by the Spirit” Dave Smethurst says “the desire to witness for Jesus is the evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and tongues are a consequence”.
10. If the Mormons and some pagan religions speak in tongues, (see The New International Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements) are tongues really the evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit? Please explain your answer11. Can someone really be “baptised in the Holy Spirit” and not bear the fruit of the Spirit? Please explain with reference to the meaning of “baptism” and Paul’s list of fruit in Gal.5:22f
12. In the OT the Holy Spirit came on people and changed them (1Sam.10:6-
13. In the OT the Holy Spirit came on people (Nu.11:25-
14. What did Jesus say about asking God for the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13)? Have you asked God to give you the Holy Spirit? If you have, what happened?
1. How would you answer the question that T.L.Osborn asks: What does “Jesus is Lord” mean?
2. T.L.Osborn asks: Do you have confidence that God tells the truth? Do you have confidence that God does what He says He will do? – That’s faith. Do you find this explanation helpful? Please explain.
3. T.L.Osborn says: We must teach the Word of God and educate people about the devil’s defeat. Do you feel able to do that now? Please explain
4. Reflecting over T.L.Osborn’s teaching on “the Christ Connection,” what has impacted you the most (i.e. what have you remembered the most clearly)?
|Church Sermons etc.|
|Church Values (1)|
|Church Values (2)|
|Church Values (3)|
|Fundamental Truths (1)|
|Fundamental Truths (2)|
|Great Exchange (1)|
|Great Exchange (2)|
|Prayer over my Giving|
|Prayer over my Bible|
|Prayer over myself|
|Prayer over my Marriage|
|Prayer over my Family|
|Prayer for Church|
|An inner peace|
|Its not too late|
|Closer to God|
|My Heavenly Father|
|God loves us|
|I'm going to heaven|
|I am so blessed|
|Why a Christian?|
|Why I am a Christian|