Deal Pentecostal Church
Subject: Water Baptism of Believers
Statement of Faith: We believe that all who have truly repented and believed in Christ
as Lord and Saviour are commanded to be baptised by immersion in water (Matt. 28:19;
Episode 6 Legality: How does Jesus function today in our community?
1. What is the meaning of the word “baptism”?
2. What words in Matthew 3:6, Mark 1:5-
3. What are the Biblical requirements for baptism?
4. Religious washing (or baptism) was a daily requirement for Priest serving the Temple (see Baptism History in Reference Material under Temple Worship by A Edersheim). What does this illustrate about our relationship with God (see Rom.12:1 & Jn.13:10)
5. The definition of sacrament is “an act (usually a formal religious ceremony) that confers specific grace on those who receive it” (see Baptism as a “Sacrament? in the Reference Material). Do you think that “baptism” is a “Sacrament”? Please explain your answer (you will have to define “Sacrament” as Corbett has a different definition).
6. Who should be baptised?
7. Why be baptised?
8. When should people be baptised?
9. How should people be baptised?
10. What is the purpose of being baptised?
11. How does Acts 8 show us that it is possible to be baptised and still not be right with God?
12. How does Luke 23:39-
1. T.L.Osborn says that we should carry on what Jesus started. What did Jesus start?
2. How does Jesus function in your nature (or life)?
3. If we believe that there is power in our witness, we will talk with confidence and hope. Has your thinking and talking changed? Please explain.
4. How has your lifestyle been affect or changed by you carrying out God’s plans?
If, as T.L.Osborn says, prayer is “drawing life from God’s presence” and “pondering God’s attitude to people”, then how is your prayer life?
|Church Sermons etc.|
|Church Values (1)|
|Church Values (2)|
|Church Values (3)|
|Fundamental Truths (1)|
|Fundamental Truths (2)|
|Great Exchange (1)|
|Great Exchange (2)|
|Prayer over my Giving|
|Prayer over my Bible|
|Prayer over myself|
|Prayer over my Marriage|
|Prayer over my Family|
|Prayer for Church|
|An inner peace|
|Its not too late|
|Closer to God|
|My Heavenly Father|
|God loves us|
|I'm going to heaven|
|I am so blessed|
|Why a Christian?|
|Why I am a Christian|